dltv 201 episode
Run time 47:56Producer pcmagAudio/Visual sound, colorLanguage English
DL.TV Episode 201! Folding@Home: What Exactly is it Folding? Veronica steps in to lend a hand. Loyd boots up his PC build. Safer Social Networking. Ubuntu Update.
What's new in Episode 201
• This webcast is sponsored by Hitachi
• Veronica Belmont drops in for a surprise guest hosting session, and shares a few tips on securing privacy when using social networking sites.
• Robert shows off the latest release of Ubuntu OS. Robert recommends to folks running ATI graphics hardware they're better off using the default video drivers, but Nvidia graphics users should install the restricted driver package for improved font rendering and if you wish to enable the enhanced desktop features - AKA "Wobbly Windows".
• Robert also gains deeper insight into what exactly Folding@Home is folding in an interview with Professor Pande.
• Loyd continues the building that crazy PC with a focus on testing the system before it's completed to ensure things are working like they should before the final peripherals are installed.
• Sascha Segan gives us a report from this year's CTIA event.
• Finally Lola had a question about replacement for iTunes that still sync's with an iPod. There's a huge selection of alternatives on the Windows side, but in my experience Songbird Mediaplayer with the iPod plug-in installed is the best free alternative especially in overall functionality. Another alternative is Floola. Although none of these solutions are as "robust" as iTunes they work relatively well and less crash prone than some other alternatives. Of course in both cases you'll still need to have iTunes installed in order to format or update the iPod.
• This is the final day for "HDTV Giveaway" entries. Get your entry in before 11:59pm Pacific tonight in order to qualify. For complete instructions check Episode 200's post. Good luck. The winner will be announced next week!
• Got a Question? A tip? A product you're curious about Email us at email@example.com